Monday, August 2, 2010

Motorola 68000 Programming

Funny how if you truly have an interest in something, you'll come back to it. In college, I had a terrible experience with assembly programming. My professor, who was probably a skilled engineer at work, regrettably was not a very good teacher. It was obvious that he knew the material, but could not find an efficient way to communicate the concepts to the class. As a result of that, I was kind of turned off by 68k programming.

Recently, the urge to learn assembly has crept back in my mind, and I picked up my book again and downloaded the Easy68k IDE. I'm currently strengthening my foundation of the 68k processor and microprocessors in general. Now that it's not in a forced, stressful environment, it's actually much more enjoyable. I see how this could have been fun in college, under the right circumstances lol.

Here's some progress on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment