Friday, August 31, 2012

Linux From Scratch

I have had an interest in Linux for quite some time. Now that I have a bit more understanding of device architecture (core, OS, and application layers), I'd like to try my shot at building Linux from source code, with the end goal learning how to port my own distribution to custom hardware.



Android is the specific flavor I'd like to eventually work with, but I figure I'd start with Linux. The Linux From Scratch (LFS) project came highly recommended by my friend Mike (check out his blog too).

To make things easier, I'm going to build from a virtual machine installation of Ubuntu on my MacBook, so I don't have to go through the hassle of dual-booting, or carrying around another machine. Looking forward to getting this up and running! Here's a link to the actual book.

No comments:

Post a Comment